All Vegan Recipe
Its been a while since I have baked something sweet! As I done the usual google search for exciting new plant based baking ideas, I found Vegan Richa’s recipe for these delicious peanut butter / banana & chocolate chip muffins. I followed most of the ingredients from Vegan Richa’s Blog post (posted link below) with a little sprinkle of my own sugar…
Craving something sweet & guilt free? These muffins are completely vegan & can also be made with gluten free flour. Containing just 3 table spoons of brown sugar & dark chocolate, you can be sure to not be feeling heavy after indulging on a couple of these.
All you need is a bowl, a blender & the following ingredients…
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 table spoons of soft peanut butter
- 180ml almond, coconut, soy or cashew milk (I used my ultimate favourite plant based milk cashew for this batch of muffins)
- 3-5 tbsp of sugar (depending on how sweet you wish)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 (tsp) vanilla extract
- 180g white flour
- 2 (tsp) baking powder
- 20g oats
- 42g dark vegan chocolate chunks
add half a tbsp cinnamon for a little spice!
How To – Steps
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and place cupcake holders in muffin pan.
- In the blender, add all of the wet ingredients and blend up until a smooth consistency formed.
Optional : Sprinkle a little icing sugar over muffins to add a little more sweetness!
- Add in all dry ingredients including chocolate chunks to the blender, pulse a couple of times to mix together. If needed, add in more milk to the mix to keep the mixture smooth.
- Pour mix into cupcake holders 3/4 of the way up.
- Place for 25 minutes or until centre of muffins are soft in the middle.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Happy Baking! I absolutely love this recipe.
Let me know how you get on in the comment section below! I would love to hear some of your baking ideas also, share share share.