So I write this blog, as a reminder to myself and any other future wanderers…
I often worry about not achieving everything I plan too. I worry about not being where I should be in life. Anytime I feel I am overthinking into the future, I have to bring myself back to these powerful reminders.
Worry is a feeling whose source almost always lies in the future. It often exposes fears of not achieving or experiencing longed-for hopes and dreams.
“Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you” ~John De Paula
I hear so much from many great teachers that really, there is no past or future.. all we have is now. today.
“There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. There’s only us. There’s only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today.
― Jonathan Larson
A great way to manage any of my own overthinking has been mindfulness practices, and not just by following a guided meditation but things that put me in the here and now. painting, dancing, reading, writing, yoga, cooking, Wim Hof breathing method exercises. I am learning more and more that mindfulness is most powerful when you identify what works for yourself personally, anything that gives you a feeling of peace, clarity and enjoyment in the moment. Meditation doesn’t have to require a certain posture or position, meditation is awareness of each moment with a clear and calm mind. A great tool to slow down and enjoy the journey in each moment of your life.
At some point maybe you have hear someone older than you say “Enjoy your life, it goes so fast” or something along these lines..
But yes. It is true, right?
We are all here to enjoy this life, a bit of a cliche reminder – but one I myself often forget when working all of the time towards something. Who we are becoming in the process is the most important thing, really. There is no rush to be anywhere. We gotta trust the divine timing of this life.
I won’t go too much into comparison traps, but I have spoke a lot on previous blogs (see below) on avoiding this trap and owning your own path. However, as a young person/trying to be adult.. and growing up in the age of information I have myself felt how hard it can be to fall in to the comparison trap on where we should be in life. When we view time and age as a source of urgency, well I’m 25 so I should be… or I’m 18 so I should be.. This is a trap. Reminder to self: Trust the timing of your life and follow your own way – Everything you are becoming is unfolding just perfectly.
Ultimately, I always believe that we are here to fill a purpose and walk our destined path which has to be found only alone. I am learning on my journey that others can only join you on this path, we can not expect others to view the world through our own lens.
Image credit : Kieran Wright Photography
Take a tree growing fruits, there is no rush from surrounding trees on when they grew fruits – nature takes place, as should we. Trust the timing of your journey.
- BUDS CBD SKIN CARE RANGE – REVIEW :Hey guys! If you are anything like me and struggle to stick to the same skincare products due to sensitive skin? Stick around for an in depth honest review on this fantastic natural range. My skin type is mostly a mix of dry/oily depending on the seasons – I have found this range to help greatly in locking moisture into my skin and cause no flare up to its sensitivity!
- FREE SPRING GIVEAWAY – WIN 4 ONLINE DANCE CLASSES🌷 Spring is upon us… 🌷 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 🎉& ITS COMPETITION & Giveaway TIME at Katie Kerr Dance & Wellness
- Life is no matter of urgency – A reminder to enjoy your journeyTrust the timing of your life and follow your own way – Everything you are becoming is unfolding just perfectly.
- Stop labelling yourself and claim your magic backI share this blog as a way to remind myself and the world of claiming their magic back in periods of forgetting who you really are.
- Why I have switched my usual coffee to a chicory drink insteadSo here goes of 30 days of ditching the coffee, and introducing chicory… Wish me luck coffee lovers… & if you feel like this would work as part of your lifestyle too – Get in touch and let me know how you get on!